Tryout Dates, Times and Locations:
12’s & 14’s: November 5th & 7th 6:00-8:00 @ Creswell Middle School (attend both days)
16’s & 18’s: November 19th & 21st 6:00-8:00 @ Creswell Middle School (attend both days)
Unity does not charge a fee for tryouts but there are CEVA regional requirements for all players to tryout.
All players who wish to play for Unity VBC need to attend the scheduled tryout sessions for their age group. Prior to any tryout session or practice, all players must register with USA Volleyball, through the CEVA website.
When you come to tryouts, it is required to have the steps below already completed, printed out and signed. Our tryout location does not have internet service therefore, we are unable to complete these online steps at the time of tryouts.
Instructions are below:
- Go to www.cevaregion.org
- On the home page in the upper right hand corner there is a drop down menu titled Member’s Info. Under the membership column there are two options: returning members and new members. There you can also find step by step instructions if needed.
- Follow the instructions given. If you have two or more children you are registering, please note that the passwords will be different for each player.
- Please be sure to read everything carefully!
- You pay for your registration when you are done. You can either pay the whole amount of $55.00 or a membership deposit of $10.00. The membership deposit fee is for tryouts only, so if you decide to play you MUST upgrade your registration before you are allowed to practice.
- When you are done you will be asked if you are sure you want to submit your application. Once you click yes, you will then see a page with your membership confirmation. To the left, in the blue tabs under member area, you will see the tab to print your membership card. Print it out and turn in at tryouts.
- Once you have completed the registration form, you will then see a health form and a concussion form. You need to fill those out and also turn those in at tryouts.
All the forms will require an electronic signature, so you don’t physically need to sign the papers. You will be required to enter a driver’s license number to allow for the electronic signature.
Items to bring to tryouts:
- CEVA Membership Card (current)
- 2019-2020 Concussion Form
- 2019-2020 Player Medical Release Form
- Unity Player Registration Form
Even if you are unsure if you are going to play club volleyball, or unsure if you are going to play for Unity VBC, you must register with CEVA for insurance/liability purposes. We cannot let your child participate in tryouts if they have not registered with CEVA. www.cevaregion.org
Once all tryouts have been completed we will form teams and notify each player individually. We will need to know fairly quickly if you will accept your position on your team so we can make any necessary adjustments to the rosters. We will then have a MANDATORY meeting to meet your teammates and coach, receive your schedule and sign contracts for the season. At this time a down payment is due for every player in every age group.