Tryout Dates, Times and Locations:
14’s: November 7th 5:00-8:00 @ Creswell Middle School
16’s: November 21st 5:00-8:00 @ Creswell Middle School
*we will not be fielding a 12U or 18U team this season
Unity does not charge a fee for tryouts but there are CEVA regional requirements for all players to tryout.
All players who wish to play for Unity VBC need to attend the scheduled tryout sessions for their age group. Prior to any tryout session or practice, all players must register with USA Volleyball, through the CEVA website.
When you come to tryouts, it is required to have the steps below already completed, printed out and signed. Our tryout location does not have internet service therefore, we are unable to complete these online steps at the time of tryouts.
Instructions are below:
- Go to www.cevaregion.org
- On the home page in the upper right hand corner there is a blue box titled Membership. On this page, you will have two options: returning members and new members. Proceed through those steps of registration.
- Follow the instructions given. If you have two or more children you are registering, please note that the passwords will be different for each player.
- Please be sure to read everything carefully!
- You pay for your registration when you are done. You can either pay the whole amount of $65.00 or a tryout membership deposit of $15.00. The tryout membership deposit fee is for tryouts only, so if you decide to play you MUST upgrade your registration and pay the remaining $50.00 before you are allowed to practice.
- Once you have completed the registration and payment process, you should receive a confirmation email from USA Volleyball with your current membership.
Items to bring to tryouts (required):
- CEVA Membership Card (current)
- 2021-2022 Concussion Form
- 2021-2022 Player Medical Release Form
- Unity Player Registration Form
Even if you are unsure if you are going to play club volleyball, or unsure if you are going to play for Unity VBC, you must register with CEVA for insurance/liability purposes. We cannot let your child participate in tryouts if they have not registered with CEVA. www.cevaregion.org
Once all tryouts have been completed we will form teams and notify each player individually. We will need to know fairly quickly if you will accept your position on your team so we can make any necessary adjustments to the rosters. We will then have a MANDATORY meeting to meet your teammates and coach, receive your schedule and sign contracts for the season. At this time a down payment is due for every player in every age group.